- September 25, 2023
State Bank of India- PO Notification 2023-Important details
Central Recruitment & Promotion Department of State Bank of India, the largest bank of India has released the Notification for the recruitment of Probationary Officers(PO) for the year 2023.
The important details of the Notification are as follows.
- Eligible candidates are required to register on-line for the recruitment process which will be held in three Phase viz. (i) Phase-I; (ii) Phase-II; and (iii) Phase-III. Candidates who are shortlisted after Phase-I will have to appear for Phase-II.
- Candidates who are shortlisted after the Phase-II will be subsequently called for Phase-III.
- The OBC candidates coming in “Creamy Layer” are not entitled to OBC reservation. They should indicate their category as “General”
- Essential Educational Qualification:
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University
- Those who are in the Final Year/ Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 31.12.2023.
- Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.12.2023.
- Candidates possessing qualifications such as Medical, Engineering, Chartered Accountant, Cost Accountant etc. would also be eligible.
- Age Limit: (As on 01.04.2023):
- Not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01.04.2023 i.e. candidates must have been born not later than 01.04.2002 and not earlier than 02.04.1993 (both days inclusive). Relaxation in Upper age limit shall be as per the Government norms.(SC/ST-5 years, OBC(Non-Creamy)- 3 years etc.
- Number of Vacancies-2000 including Backlog Vacancies
The tentative Schedule of Selection is as follows.
The Examination Pattern is as follows.
The selection of Probationary Officers will be done in three phases.
Phase-I: Preliminary Examination- 100 marks
Phase-II: Main Examination- 200 marks
Note: Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary & Main Examination):
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, 1/4th of marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. if no answer is marked by candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
Sectional Marks will not be maintained for both Preliminary & Main Examinations.
Phase-III: Category wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in Phase-II (Main Exam). The phase-III test (50 Marks) Comprise of (i) Psychometric Test (ii) GROUP EXERCISE & (iii) INTERVIEW
- Psychometric Test: The Bank will conduct Psychometric test for personality profiling, of those candidates who will be shortlisted for Phase III.
- Group Exercise (20 marks)
- Interview (30 marks)
- The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately. The marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in the Objective Test and the Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in Phase-III for preparing the final merit list. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for preparing the final merit list for selection.
- The marks obtained by the candidates in Phase-II (Main Examination both Objective & Descriptive Tests) and Phase-III (Group Exercise & Interview) will be normalized to 100 marks.
- The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating (out of 100) converted marks of Phase-II and Phase-III.
- Selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates can apply online only from 07.09.2023 to 27.09.2023. No other mode of application will be accepted.
Candidates will be required to register themselves online through Bank’s ‘Career’ website https://bank.sbi/careers/current-openings.
After registration candidates are required to pay the requisite application fee through online mode by using debit card/ credit card/ Internet Banking.
The candidates can visit the following website link for more details of the recruitment