- March 14, 2023
Footwear Design and Development Institute (FDDI): An Institute of National Importance
When we enter into the shopping mall, we will see lot of designs of clothes, shoes, leather items and accessories. Many are attractive, trendy and stylish. It’s all fashion. We may have questions like how these are made, what is the material used, process for development, who designed with such a great look and fashion etc. It’s all from the work of fashion designers, product developers, Managers in the field of fashion. After cloth items, Footwear and leather products are having high priority in fashion. In order to produce the quality resource persons for the Footwear and Leather industry, Government of India established an Institution of National Importance called “Footwear Design and Development Institute (FDDI).
Students who aspire to choose a career in the field of Footwear and Leather fashion can choose to study Bachelor or Master Degree in FDDI.
FDDI is An Institution of National Importance and it is playing a key role in imparting education, facilitating the Indian industry by bridging the skill gap in the areas of Footwear, Fashion, Retail and Leather Accessory & Life Style product, and because of its continuous contribution towards nation building.
Footwear Design and Development Institute is headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh and it has 12 campuses across Pan- India at Noida, Fursatganj (Raebareli), Chandigarh, Ankleshwar, Guna, Chennai, Patna, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Rohtak, Chhindwara and Jodhpur.
COURSES OFFERED AT FDDI:
Bachelor of Design (B.Des.): Duration: 4 years (8 Semesters)
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) in Footwear Design & Production (FDP)
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) in Fashion Design (FD)
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) in Leather, Lifestyle & Product Design (LLPD)
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA): Duration: 3 years (6 Semesters)
- BBA in Retail & Fashion Merchandise (RFM)
MASTER DEGREE-Duration: 2 years (4 Semesters)
- Master of Design (M.Des.) in Footwear Design & Production (FDP)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Retail & Fashion Merchandise (RFM)
The emerging large domestic market dominated by young population and the increasing role of the Country in global trade, establishes a promising career opportunity in the trade in the following areas:
- Footwear Designers, stylist for Fashion and Sport shoes
- Product developer and CAD specialist
- Footwear Merchandiser and buyer
- Managers for Production planning, Quality management & control, Costing,
- Specialists for handling E-Commerce
- Fashion designer and Entrepreneur
CAMPUS PLACEMENTS & INDUSTRY ASSOCIATES OF FDDI
FDDI has exclusive training and placement department for conducting proper grooming sessions to prepare students to face interviews, discussions & challenges that await for them pre & post their professional journey.
- 86%+Placements Across All Campuses in the Year 2022
- 240+Campus Recruiters
The industry associates of FDDI are as follows:
Adidas | April Sourcing Buying House | Abraham & Thakore | Action | Apparel Group- Dubai | AVT |Bata India Ltd. | Carlton London | Clarks | Da-Milano | Farida Group | Future Group | Gaurav Gupta |Genesis Luxury | Globus | H&M | Hi-Design | inditex I Iconic |Impulse | Impactiva | Khadims | Landmark| Liberty | Lifestyle | Li & Fung | M&B | Madura Garments | Marks & Spencers | Max Lifestyle | Mirza International | Puma | |Rajesh Pratap | Raisons | Reebok | Relaxo | Reliance Brands LTD | Reliance Retail Ltd | Sabyasachi | Samarth Lifestyle | Saroj Intl. | Skechers | SSIPL | Snapdeal | Strutts |Superhouse |Tangerine Designs |Tata International | Tommy Hil‑ger | Uniqlo| Vishal Mega Mart | VKC | Westside | Wilhelm Textile | Woodland | Zara | Pidilite.
FDDI is conducting the All India Selection Test (AIST), a national-level entrance examination for the FDDIs, organized every year by the FDDI for admissions to undergraduate and post-graduate courses.
- Admissions will be made strictly on merit basis (Rank-wise) and counseling.
- The programme & campus will be awarded to the candidates on the basis of their rank and preference.
- Successful candidates will be called for the counseling in order of their rank based on aggregate score in All India Selection Test (AIST) 2023.
- For Postgraduate programmes, the candidates who have opted for both M.Des. & MBA programmes shall be offered separate ranks in both the programmes.
The schedule for 2023 AIST is as follows.
Bachelor Degree: 10+2, in any stream, from any recognized Board
Master Degree: A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
HOW TO APPLY
All candidates are required to submit online application for ALL INDIA SELECTION TEST (AIST) 2023 through website:https://applyadmission.net/fddi2023 . They can access this website also through the ‘Admission 2023 – Apply Now!’ banner on the homepage of official website of FDDI (https://www.fddiindia.com)
AIST SYLLABUS & PATTERN FOR AIST-2023
All eligible candidates would have to go through an examination process (Paper Based Test). The medium of the test will be in English only. The written entrance examination is designed to test the knowledge, skill and aptitude of the candidates for the programme opted.
The Exam process for Bachelor programmes is listed below.
The Exam process for Master programmes is listed below.
For complete details of the courses and campuses, opportunities students can refer to the prospectus of FDDI in the following link.