- January 14, 2022
IIST- A Gateway to ISRO as Scientist
Students who are aspiring to become a Space Scientist in the Indian Premier Research organizations called ISRO-Indian Space Research Organization, IIST- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram is the best option to study B.Tech and ISRO is absorbing the Students from IIST after conducting Interviews for the eligible students.
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), located at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, is a Deemed to be University established with a vision to nurture exceptional human resource for the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), one of the world’s leading scientific organizations engaged in space research and space applications. The institute is the first of its kind in the country to offer high quality education on areas with special focus on space sciences, space technology and space applications.
IIST is ranked among the top 35 Engineering institutes of the country according to 2020 NIRF rankings of MHRD with a high score of more than 75% in Teaching, Learning and Resources, which is relatively superior to many premier institutes in the country.
COURSES OFFERED AT IIST
IIST offers 3 undergraduate, 15 postgraduate programmes and also providing a vibrant research environment for PhD scholars engaged in research areas.
- B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (Avionics)
- Dual Degree (B.Tech in Engineering Physics + Master of Science/ M.Tech in one of the following:
- Master of Science in Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Master of Science in Solid State Physics
- M.Tech in Earth System Science
- M.Tech in Optical Engineering
|No. of Seats||Duration|
|1||B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering||70||4 years|
|2||B. Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (Avionics)||70||4 years|
|3||Degree (B.Tech in Engineering Physics + Master of Science/ M.Tech)||22||5 years|
Note: Students are advised to refer the Notification and Brochure for number of seats and reservation.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central/ State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/ Cambridge/ Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
B. Minimum Marks Requirement in JEE (Advanced) Examination:
- Candidates should have appeared for the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Main) conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) to qualify themselves to appear for the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Advanced) conducted by IITs and secure the minimum prescribed (as per Category/Reservation) marks as notified by the IIST
Opening and closing Percentage of JEE Advanced 2020 marks as per IIST (Reference purpose only)
|Category||B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering||B. Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (Avionics)||Degree (B.Tech in Engineering Physics + Master of Science/ M.Tech)|
CAMPUS PLACEMENTS [Number of Students absorbed by ISRO/ Department of Space]
IIST conduct placement for the notified vacancies in different specializations by ISRO/Department of Space for the students studying undergraduate and Dual Degree courses and those fulfilled the conditions specified by the IIST for the recruitment to the post of Scientist/ Engineer-SC.
Number of Students absorbed by ISRO/ Department of Space as per the IIST data.
|Year||B.Tech (AE)||B.Tech(ECE)||B.Tech (PS) & Dual Degree||Total|
Students are advised to follow the IIST website (https://www.iist.ac.in/ ) & Notifications for further admission details and fee particulars