- March 27, 2022
National Talent Search Scheme (NTSE) –a gateway for Scholarships for merit students
National Talent Search Scheme (NTSE) is a national level exam conducted by the NCERT every year to select the talented and meritorious students based on their logical reasoning skill, mental ability and subject knowledge to award scholarships per month for their higher education.
SCHOLARSHIP PER ANNUM:
Scholarship will be paid by the NCERT, New Delhi
- For Intermediate (1st and 2nd years) : Rs. 1250/- per month
- For Graduation and Post Graduation: Rs. 2000/- per month
- For Ph.D, Scholarship will be paid as per UGC norms
The NTSE comprises two-stage selection process.
- 1st stage exam (State level) conducted by the individual State/UT to select the eligible candidates to appear for 2nd stage exam at the national level.
- 2nd stage exam (All India level) will be conducted by the NCERT.
WHO ARE ELIGIBLE?
- All students in the state who are studying X Standard in any of the recognized schools can write the examination.
- Students registered under Open Distance Learning (ODL) will also be eligible for scholarship, provided the students is below the age of 18 years (as on 1st July of the particular year), the student is not employed and she/he is appearing in Class X examination for the first time.
STATE LEVEL EXAMINATION [ 1st STAGE]
- Each State/UT conducts its own examination.
- This examination is primarily used to recommend a given number of candidates on the basis of the merit in the written examination for the second level test to be conducted by the NCERT.
- The medium of the test shall be as announced by the State/UT
PATTERN OF EXAMINATION FOR STAGE I & II
|Paper||Maximum Marks||No of questions||
Duration in minutes
Mental Ability Test (MAT)
Multiple choice questions.
|2||Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||II||100||100 Multiple choice questions.
(Science-40, Mathematics-20, Social Sciences-40)
There is no prescribed syllabus for the NTS examination. However, the standard of items shall be conforming to the level of Classes IX and X.
Mental Ability Test (MAT)
This test is given to the candidates to judge their power of reasoning, ability to think, ability to judge, evaluate or discriminate, ability to visualize in the space, spatial orientation, etc.
A variety of questions, for example: analogies, classification, series, pattern perception, hidden figures, coding-decoding, block assembly, problem solving etc. are used for this purpose.
Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
This test is given to the candidates to judge their understanding of the subject and analytical ability in the subjects like Science, Mathematics and Social Science.
Website for further updates on Notification:
Andhra Pradesh State notification & Previous papers: