- February 22, 2023
OMR Sheet: An Answer sheet for MCQ based Exam
All Students and Job aspirants should write an entrance examination or competitive examination either to get a seat in a college or to get a job in any organization. Most of the exams are of MCQ type ( MCQ- Multiple Choice Question). You all know that multiple choice items consist of a stem and several alternative answers. The stem is the question i.e problem to be solved, a question asked, or an incomplete statement to be completed and the options are the possible answers that the candidate can choose from, with the correct answer called the key and the incorrect answers called Distractors.
In a pen and paper mode paper, candidates shall answer in OMR Sheet or Bubble Sheet. OMR sheet i.e Optical Mark Reading sheet is a special type of form printed on transoptic paper used in multiple choice question examinations. Candidates shall fill(encode) the bubbles ( round /oval) by using the Pencil or Ball point Pen in the options given like A,B,C & D against the question number. The OMR answer sheet will be evaluated by using the OMR software and machines.
Famous MCQ Exams in India:
- UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary Exam)
Information in the OMR sheet
Before attempting to fill the bubble for answers, candidates should read all the instructions carefully given on the sheet and fill details like
- Name, Roll Number, Date of Exam etc
- Booklet Series like A,B,C ,D
- Subject name
- Centre name
General Instruction for filling the OMR Sheets
- Use black or blue ball point pens only for filling the sheets.
- Never use pencils to mark your answers unless specified, in which case just stick to HB or 2B pencils only.
- Darken the bubbles completely. Don’t put a tick mark or a cross mark where it is specified that you fill the bubbles completely. Half-filled or over-filled bubbles will not be read by the software
- Never use whiteners to rectify filling errors as they may disrupt the scanning and evaluation process.
- Writing on the OMR Sheet is permitted on the specified area only and even small mark on other than specified area may create problem during the scanning.
- Do not fold the OMR Sheet.
- Multiple markings are invalid.
- Put your Signature and Thumb impression, in the appropriate rectangular boxes, in front of the Invigilator.
- If candidate has not filled his Roll Number, Paper Code, Question Booklet Series, Answer sheet not to be evaluated.